By January 2018, launch an electronic version of a nutrition standards toolbox with four toolkits as a resource for state government, institutions and private sector on the Healthy Active Arkansas website.
Provide training on nutrition standards and use of the toolbox to top 10 employers in the state by June 2018.
By January 2018, make the Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities available electronically on the Healthy Active Arkansas website.
Develop and release healthy meeting guidelines implementation plan for state government, institutions and private sectors by June 2018.
Evaluate the implentation of the healthy meeting guidelines plan and training by September 2018.
Create survey to assess the adoption of nutrition guidelines in hospitals, churches and private sector by March 2019.
Implement Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities.
- Create a distribution plan for the guidelines.
- Implement the guidelines via multiple avenues, e.g. a pilot program, changes in organizational policy among different sectors.
- Continually evaluate, adjust and identify best practices, and market success stories to other organizations.
Generate a culture of and a demand for healthier foods.
- Create a marketing plan for healthier options that includes components such as differential pricing, product placement, messaging and taste-testing.
- Increase awareness of the wide array of healthy, delicious, better-tasting options.
- Work with vendors to provide healthy food and beverage options.
- Phase in the sale/provision of foods and beverages to primarily healthy options.