By March 2017, create a comprehensive communications plan for Healthy Active Arkansas for the remaining three quarters.
By January 2018, draft the following documents for Board approval:
- branding guidelines for use of approved logo and brand by Healthy Active Arkansas partner organizations
- protocols for receiving and responding to media requests for interviews about Healthy Active Arkansas and its activities
- guidelines for how Healthy Active Arkansas is to cited in grant applications and other materials written or created by partner organizations.
By January 2018, build and launch the new Healthy Active Arkansas website.
Create a community culture of fitness and good nutrition through an evidence-based marketing strategy.
- Identify funding sources and secure a marketing firm.
- Define messages and identify target audiences and appropriate communication channels using evidence-based marketing strategies that engage local communities and create ownership.
- Develop and implement an evidence-based marketing campaign that promotes the improvement of health outcomes for communities, families and individuals.
- Develop ways to measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
Implement appropriate communication strategies and engage various media to reach the greatest number of people.
- Identify appropriate tools to reach targeted audiences.
- Develop media kits that can be used and adapted by local communities.
Engage local champions that can influence the culture of health.
- Work with local coalitions and organizations to identify and recruit key champions.
- Capture and share local success stories.