Healthy Vending Guidelines
Implement Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities.
- Create a distribution plan for the guidelines.
- Implement the guidelines via multiple avenues, e.g. a pilot program, changes in organizational policy among different sectors, legislation, Executive Order.
- Continually evaluate, adjust, and identify best practices, and market success stories to other organizations.
Create a Healthy Culture
Generate a culture of and demand for healthier foods.
- Create a marketing plan for healthier options that includes components such as differential pricing, product placement, messaging, taste-testing.
- Increase awareness of the wide array of healthy, delicious, better-tasting options.
- Work with vendors to provide healthy food and beverage options.
- Phase in the sale/provision of foods and beverages to primarily healthy options.
Visit the Progress Tracker to learn about this Priority Area’s objectives.
The Nutritional Standards in Government, Institutions and the Private Sector priority is led by Dr. Jenn Conner of the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension. Her team features members from the following groups: American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement, Arkansas Coalition for Obesity Prevention, Arkansas Department of Health, and Baptist Hospital.
Want to find out how you can help? Contact us!