The turkey burger has become a recognizable alternative to one of America’s most iconic food inventions – the hamburger. However, turkey burgers are often regarded as a less tasty option to their cousin. Our turkey burger is moist and delicious. It’s an excellent source of lean protein and a heart-healthy option when you crave the taste of an American classic.
We are closing out our celebration of National Soul Food Month, but any time is a good time to enjoy soul food! So, fire up the grill and try out this week’s recipe.
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely diced onions
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Form into 12 patties.
- Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180°F (85°C).
Serves 12 – Serving size: 1 patty
Total Fat: 6.3g
This recipe is provided courtesy of the Arkansas Minority Health Commission and is featured in the “Southern Ain’t Fried Sunday’s” program. Follow the link to learn more about the program and for more tasty recipes.